Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The Art Show

We had our art show at Circolo Degli Artisti on Sunday with Temple and Cornell University. RISD was up all night trying to pull their stuff together. I personally stayed up only until 3 AM. We all took a bus to Circolo and set up our projects. At 7:00 PM the show started and a hearty number of people showed up! Probably just to get drunk because the place is a bar. I originally planned to enter a collage that I spent about a week or so on, but really hated it, and still do. Then all of a sudden I got really into printmaking with linoleum so I carved a bunch of images into linoleum and then made prints. The show was a real success and I was really impressed with all of RISD's projects. We totally KILLED the other schools.



This was the sketch for the final self-portrait print that I made, which I then carved into linoleum.

I experimented a bit...












Of all the editions, this was the one I ended up choosing for the show.


Just some more of the preliminary experimenting
This is the head of a monkey on an Egyptian canopic jar that I sketched in the Louvre.


This is a plant, but everyone sees animals in it which is kind of interesting. 

                                     
Someone was tired after setup...

Our show was outside in the courtyard. Really nice place.
That white sheet structure is Julee's installation.

My prints on left and weirdo collage on right. I am pleased with the way the prints turned out. The collage looks really cubist which I don't like, but I created it from my image in a broken mirror.

Alannas dress, hair with candy weaved into it, and bracelet.

Hamed's architectural draftings and shower based off the nazone fountains. 






0 comments:

Post a Comment