Thursday, January 26, 2012

Sketching

Drawing, charcoal

This is the start of a drawing I did today. I will try to return tomorrow to work more on it. It is probably less than a mile from my dorm. These ruins are called "Palatine Hill," and the field area in front of it is called "Circus Maximus." Palatine Hill was an ancient palace. Circus Maximus is an ancient chariot racing stadium, which was a source of entertainment. Today it is a public park. From this spot on the hill, I was able to watch a little pug prance around through the grass and it made me miss my little Buster. I have found that I really enjoy drawing ruins. I love drawing architecture, but sometimes it makes for a rigid or stiff drawing. Ruins are great to draw because they have been decayed naturally over time and are essentially "organic" architecture.

Oh, and I booked my train tickets to Florence! I will be there Saturday through Sunday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment