Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Experiments
This is a self-portrait print in my sketchbook done with lithography crayon and watercolor on plexiglass.

This is a print done with lithography crayon and watercolor on plexi. Based off Poggioreale, the town I visited which was destroyed by an earthquake in the 1960's. 


A quick watercolor I did today, unfinished because it started to rain.

Overgrown ruins with poppy flowers. 

A self portrait print made by scratching printing ink off plexi. Very simple, and a technique Matisse experimented with.

Self portrait print made by wiping printing ink of plexi plate with a tarletin cloth. I have become enamored with Degas lately, and most of his prints were produced in this way. I also made another self portrait using this method. I plan to continue until I improve!

0 comments:

Post a Comment