Sunday, May 20, 2012

Linoleum Prints
This is a self portrait linoleum print on cream colored paper. This is my favorite edition out of 10 prints. You can't see it well at all here, but the lines have a faint brown tint underneath the black, which shows up on the white lines. I enjoy this aspect of the print, and also the way it looks like my mouth is oozing some kind of gas-like substance. That was a nice mistake. I printed the other images on white paper, and grayish paper that I made the other day. To make paper, I basically ground newspaper and magazine to a pulp with a paper shredder and then blender. Then you put that pulp on a screen and squeeze out the excess water. I also tried making paper out of newspaper and ground grape leaves. It looks interesting so far but it has not dried yet.

This is a copper etching that I did the other day. Here are 3 of the 5 editions. I sat outside in Rome on the Capitoline steps and drew a small cityscape. It is slightly hidden, but if you look carefully you can see the head and eyes of a man behind the domed building. This was unintentional because I found the copper plate in the print room, and it had this etched into it already. I actually sort of liked the way it came out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment