Friday, May 18, 2012

Self Portrait A Day

A couple of weeks ago I assigned myself a small project to do every morning: An informal self portrait in my sketchbook. Most of them are in pen and watercolor. Here are a few of the recent ones:






Printing With Plants

I needed a change from doing self portrait monoprints. I decided to try using leaves to experiment with textures. Not only do the plants add texturous imagery, they emboss (imprint) the paper when I put them through the printing press. Here are a couple examples:
Monoprint. This is a portion of a larger print. 

Today, instead of using ink, I let the plant secrete its own pigment. I added no color here. I plan to continue experimenting with this and pushing it further. I have 16 days left in Rome and only a week to work!





0 comments:

Post a Comment