Sunday, February 12, 2012

Napoli

I loved Naples. Although it rained essentially the whole time, I think it is my favorite place in Italy so far. The food is dirt cheap and delicious (drunk waiters too, so it's entertaining), the shopping is dirt cheap and great quality, there is a beautiful coast and mountains to climb. The buildings are also painted beautiful bright Naples yellow and salmon pink. The only pitfall is that people never clean up after their dogs and there is trash all over the street, but it feels like a place that people actually live. I thought it was charming.

Our first taste of Naples pizza. It was so delicious and we each got our own for only 4 euro! 

View from the Naples Archeological Museum balcony. It was raining and sunny at the same time. There were beautiful mosaics in this museum which have inspired me to make my own. The sculptures were also in impressive condition.


We entered a curious door to find this little courtyard.



We climbed Castel dell' Ovo...

It had gorgeous views from every angle. Here is a group of sailboats.


Notice Mount Vesuvius (the still active volcano which erupted and covered Pompeii) in the background. I am going to hike it one day. We were also thinking about going to Pompeii which was only half and hour away but the weather was just not going to hold up. I'm going back.

Thien and I in front of the coast




Another view from the castle. 

Galleria Umberto, which is a beautiful and famous shopping mall center.

View from the Hostel

We climbed the NEVER ENDING steps to reach the top of the mountain...It was beautiful but raining and freezing so we did not stay long. Naples is famous for it's sun, so I can't wait to come back when the weather is a bit nicer. I loved it even in the rain however.

0 comments:

Post a Comment