Friday, February 10, 2012

Sketching Outdoors
It was a beautiful day yesterday to sit outside and draw. I sat in one place for a few hours and did these drawings, turning in different directions for each. Later that night I went to see "Romeo e Giulietta," however the three and a half hour show started at nine and I fell asleep at ten... 
The old and the new. The column illustrated here is ancient (Part of the Theater of Marcellus), and the plaster formed around it and connecting it to the medieval building is modern. Like I said, this integration is one of my favorite parts about Rome.

To the left of the column was this window. It is a very high end apartment building which was built into the ancient "Theater of Marcellus."

To the left of the window was this very beautiful and quirky building. For hours I sat on the curb drawing, and the whole day I got to watch the trouble that occurred for people trying to round the bend with traffic (yes, the road was such a sharp turn and so narrow that people needed to be directed...) I also made friends with a mangy little gray cat.

0 comments:

Post a Comment