Friday, February 17, 2012

This Week

This week it was difficult to devote a lot of time to studio work because we were completely swamped with Italian classes, extra nightly activities, and a poetry workshop. That's right, we spent 3 hours a day in a poetry workshop. In no way am I a talented poet, but it was quite amusing. Last night was the "poetry slam," in which I read a poem about my gecko (I would post it but there is some profanity), and then sang a song with my friends Youbin, Eliot and Susie. We called the song, "Ode to Per Diem," based off of Dean Martin's, "That's Amore" (Per Diem" is our bi-weekly allowance). I sang my lines in my deepest man voice. Luckily the refreshments included wine.

I don't have any photos of the event but I will steal them from other people and post them soon.
Paste this link in the url bar to see a video of us: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B2BhVufavE&feature=player_embedded

Here are the lyrics, with wine driblets. 

I FINALLY made a sketchbook today. I've been meaning to do this for about a week. It's about 14.5"x6," which is almost 4 times the size of my other one. It's quite an irregular form but I plan to draw panoramic landscapes so hopefully I will find it to be a useful shape.

Aerial. Notice the different colored paper. Yeah yeah.

Yesterday I sat outside Trajan's Market and drew while all the British people tried to "discretely" watch over my shoulder.

This drawing was done today right in front of the Pantheon. There was a guy playing an instrument that I don't know the name of.  I got to listen to the music while I drew him.

Just another balcony.




0 comments:

Post a Comment