Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Pen and Watercolor Sketching
The architecture is so beautiful and unique here, that I am compelled to draw it...

Il Poratvia d'Ottavia, one of my favorite places to draw. People keep asking me where streets are in Italian. I guess I could pass as an Roman native until I open my mouth, because then people just say, "Ohh, ciao..." I sit there offended for a moment, then stick my tourist face back into the sketchbook. 

The first image was done looking out from the Pantheon onto an Egyptian obelisk (It was raining, which also meant I got to see the rain pour through the oculus). It is also the first day that I have seen it actually rain here. Of course today is the day I am scrambling to get outdoor sketches done for tomorrow's critique. The second image (which is sideways in the sketchbook) is of the back of the Pantheon..



The first image here was also done of a temple at Il Portavia d'Ottavia (in the rain), so I was scrambling. The second was done on the banks of the Tiber River.

The Great Synagogue of Rome. 




0 comments:

Post a Comment